Nu Lambda Mu
This international honor society was established by the Nonprofit Academic Centers Council to recognize students dedicated to the study of nonprofit management, philanthropy, and social entrepreneurship/enterprise. Its mission is to advance the study of nonprofit organizations and their function in society and to promote scholarly achievement among those who engage in these academic pursuits.
Applications for the Spring semester 2018 will be accepted from February 5, 2018 to March 30, 2018. The application process is now closed.
In order to become a member of the Nu Lambda Mu international honor society, the student must meet each of the criteria below:
- Be a current graduate student or possess a graduate degree or certificate from a NACC-affiliated program.
- Be pursuing (or have earned) a master’s degree, concentration, and/or graduate certificate in nonprofit, philanthropy, and/or social entrepreneurship related studies.
- Have completed a minimum of 50% of their required degree-program coursework, or all required coursework for a graduate certificate.
- Hold a minimum 3.70 GPA (cumulative).
- Pay the one-time application fee of $40
To be considered for membership in Nu Lambda Mu, you must complete the following steps before your application for membership is considered complete. We strongly encourage you to review our FAQ guide before submitting your application.
1. Complete and submit the online membership application. The application process is now closed.
2. Pay the one-time $40 application fee. The application fee assists with costs to process the application and to verify your eligibility. Application fees are not refundable and payment thereof does not guarantee acceptance into the Nu Lambda Mu honor society.
3. After your membership application form has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email indicating that your information has been received. You must forward that email to your academic advisor and/or NACC Member Representative. Your advisor or representative must then forward the email back to us to confirm the information you provided is correct (your GPA, your academic program, and your number of credit hours completed). It is your responsibility to ensure your academic advisor follows through with his or her responsibilities in this process. Advisors or representatives should forward the email back to Erin Vokes, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Your application, your payment, and your advisor's approval must be received by NACC by no later than March 30, 2018 (5:00 pm PST) for consideration for membership into the Nu Lambda Mu Spring 2017 membership class.
Benefits of Nu Lambda Mu Membership
Nu Lambda Mu inductees receive honor cords for graduation and a Nu Lambda Mu certificate. In addition to these special recognition items, Nu Lambda Mu members are offered the following benefits:
- Recognition on the NACC website and in our e-newsletter, NACC News
- Opportunity to share your stories and updates with us in the “Nu Lambda Mu Spotlight” section of NACC News
- A free online subscription to NACC News
- Invitation to attend NACC conferences and special events
- Invitation to join our Nu Lambda Mu members-only Linked In group
- Stay tuned—more opportunities to come!
Students who apply and are eligible for induction will be notified by email approximately one week after the application cycle has closed on March 30, 2018.
Once a student is officially inducted he or she is a member for life. If a member were to no longer hold the academic requirements for membership (such as falling below a cumulative 3.70 GPA), the student may not be removed from the Society.